Termination of employment
The employer and the employee both have the option of terminating fixed-term employments if the appointment states “employment from…until further notice but no later than…”. The length of the employment period will determine the length of the notice of termination period.
If you receive a notice of termination you must sign and return the original document to the human resources administrator for circulation.
The Job Security Agreement has been replaced by the Adjustment Agreement. For more information about the Adjustment Agreement, visit the Lund University main staff pages.
Leaving the department
Before you leave the Department make sure you have done the below things first. Then fill out this checklist (pdf; 1.4 MB), sign it and give it to your Head of Unit.
- Leave lab journals to the research leader
- Make sure research material is filed and hand it over to your supervisor/ project leader/boss
- Inform the LUCAT directory administrator, through your boss, about appropriate changes or termination of your LUCAT account
- Bring order to the documents on your work computer, and delete unnecessary files
- If you have a desktop telephone ask HelpDesk to cancel your phone extension and return your desktop telephone to HelpDesk if you do not share it with another person
- Send word to HelpDesk to cancel your computer’s IP-number
- Return your computer/computers and your official mobile phone, if any, to HelpDesk
- Leave your contact information (e-mail address, mobile number etc.) to your immediate superior
- Return books to the Biology Library, if any
- Remove samples etc. from the fridges, freezers and labs. Label things for keeping and direct to a colleague
- Leave your office in good order. Remove personal belongings and the name label outside the office door
- Return access card to Carl Sjökvist. Return your Ecology building keys to Carl Sjökvist and Biology building keys to Agne Gustavsson
Department of Biology
Telephone: 046-222 93 50
E-post: Sara [dot] Bengtsson [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se
Leave of absence
Department of Biology
Telephone: 046-222 02 85
E-mail: Adam [dot] Niekrasz [at] biol [dot] lu [dot] se