Biology Department Board
The Board is the decision-making body at the Department of Biology. Board members are democratically elected. The Board includes 8 members of teaching staff, 3 doctoral or other students, and 3 other staff members. The head of department is the chair and the administrative manager is co-opted to the Board. The assistant head of department is also co-opted as well as the vice-chair. The term of office is three years, except for student representatives who only serve one year.
The Board is responsible for policy, budget and strategic matters as well as overall monitoring the department activities. More information on the Board’s authority and duties can be found in the Faculty of Science delegation rules and the Lund University rules and regulations.
The following links lead to our external website.
- Marita Cohn, Senior lecturer
- Nils Cronberg, Senior lecturer
- Violeta Kaleskovska,Financial administrator
- Alexander Melanson, Student representative (alexm8728 [at] gmail [dot] com)
- Carina Rasmussen, Research engineer
- Karin Rengefors, Professor
- Johannes Rousk, Senior lecturer
- Jacob Roved, Doctoral student
- Marcus Stensmyr, Senior lecturer
- Maja Tarka, Researcher
- Tobias Uller, Professor
- Niklas Wahlberg, Professor
- Helena Westerdahl, Senior lecturer
- Bodil Sjögreen, Senior lecturer
- Magne Friberg, Associate senior lecturer
- Frida Rosengren, Librarian
- Alice Mellring, Student representative (alice [dot] mellring [at] hotmail [dot] com)
- Jane Jönsson, Research engineering
- Olof Berglund, Senior lecturer
- Claes von Wachenfeldt, Senior lecturer
- Anders Brodin, Professor
- Vacant doctoral student representative
- Per Henningsson, Researcher
- Erik Svensson, Professor
- Jessica Abbott, Senior lecturer
- Caroline Isaksson, Senior lecturer
The department board at the Biology blog
The links below lead to our internal blog. Some texts are in Swedish.